Wednesday, August 03, 2005

WE ARE MAKING IN ROADS INTO GOP LAND

AMAZING NEWS! Just when I am ready to sink to the lowest depth of despair over the possibility of ceaseless GOP rule during my lifetime, something wonderful happens to lift my spirits.

PAUL HACKETT GETS 48% OF THE VOTES IN HIGHLY CONSERVATIVE CINCINNATI WHERE 2/3 OF THE POPULATION VOTED FOR BUSH THE "CHICKENHAWK."

This is indeed awesome. I lived in Cincinnati while in high school and college and much of my family still lives there now. Trust me, it is one of the most conservative and provincial parts of the country. In Cincinnati, change doesn't take years, it takes decades, if indeed it happens at all. If 48% of this population is fed up with the GOP, we should be more than just cautiously optimistic about what our future holds.

In an interview this morning with Amy Goodman on Democracy Now, Hackett said that the war in Iraq is "minting new Democrats every day." Hackett, an Iraq veteran, has spoken to US forces at length about Bush policy while serving in Iraq. Needless to suggest, there are a lot of unhappy campers over there.

Hackett should join forces with Dean. They would be a formidable team in giving the much-needed boost to our beaten and sluggish party. I am starting to get hopeful again. LS

MONUMENTAL UPSET IN SOUTHERN OHIO

No comments: